Family & Children’s Ministry
Our Family and Children's Ministry creates opportunities for the children to more meaningfully participate in liturgy and for children and families to participate in fun and faith-based activities with other families. Family & Children’s Ministry is a joint mission venture of Church of the Ascension and St. Augustine’s Church to encourage families to be involved in the parish communities.
For families with children ages 0-4, check out our Mommy & Me Playgroup.
The Children’s Liturgical activities include:
- Monthly Children’s Mass with the Children’s Choir (alternating months at Ascension & St. Augustine)
- Children’s Liturgy of the Word three times a month at both parishes – the 1st, 3rd and 4th Sundays of the month
- Special Children’s liturgies for Christmas
- Trunk or Treat
- Family Activity Nights
- Gingerbread House Making!
Family Events include:
- Family activities such as outings and other events to encourage fellowship among parishioners
- Family evenings to help prepare for Advent and Lent
- Participation in other parish related events. Email Laurie Kaplan and Andrea Seurkamp at FamilyandFaith2@gmail.com or contact Cathy Carlin at firstname.lastname@example.org to join or for information.